If you want the best protection money can buy, buying an auto policy from one of the best car insurance companies is essential. By buying a high quality policy from a reputable provider, you’ll gain both peace of mind and protection from life-changing financial losses.
In addition to policies that can be tailored to your unique insurance needs, the best car insurance companies generally offer superior customer service, an up-to-date website where you can pay your bill or check your policy details, and a top-notch claims process that makes recovering from an auto accident as seamless as possible.
Most of the time, the only way to find out how much you’ll pay is to apply for several quotes and compare them side by side.
Because car insurance has become such a competitive space, shopping around for the best automobile insurance rates is crucial. Where one company might charge higher rates due to your age or driving history, another might offer special discounts based on an entirely different set of criteria.
What are the best car insurance companies of 2019?
When your goal is finding the best policy at an attractive price, it pays to compare several of the highest rated companies side by side. When figuring out which companies to highlight, we looked at several auto insurance related studies, including J.D. Power’s Auto Claims Satisfaction Study. From those studies, we handpicked several companies that received high ratings across the board.
Progressive Insurance is a well-known company with a large base of customers and strong reviews. According to a recent study by JD Power on insurance companies and how they handle claims, they came in extremely competitive when it comes to pricing, among other things.
Did you know Progressive has more than 18,000,000 drivers insured today?
This means roughly 1 in 10 drivers in America has chosen Progressive over all the others. Stack on an exquisite lineup of discounts like the safe driver discount, pay-in-full discount, a multi-car discount, their multi-policy discount, and more, and you’ve got quite a front-runner.
How about bundling your home and auto to save another 5%?
How about their Snapshot® program to let all you safe drivers take advantage of even more savings?
How about the ability to literally Name Your Price®?
Other benefits Progressive offers include plenty of opportunities to save, a solid online presence (#1 rated website), and their Snapshot program®, which rewards good driving behavior.
- Trusted by Over 18,000,000 drivers
- Competitive rates, tons of discounts (safe driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, quoting online & more)
- Name your price Tool®
- Bundle auto & property to save 5%
- Snapshot® is a program that personalizes your rate based on how YOU drive.
- Loan/lease payoff coverage, roadside assistance & strong financial ratings
- Plenty of available discounts and highly competitive pricing
- Great online presence
- Loan or Lease payoff program
- Roadside assistance
- Strong company financial ratings
- Motorcycle coverage
One mistake many consumers make when they are shopping for Car Insurance is not comparing rates.
It’s often cumbersome to shop a lot of companies, which is why we suggest visiting QuoteWizard.com. QuoteWizard is the largest independent insurance lead company in the United States that offers a tool which can help you get several quotes all at once.
If you decide to use QuoteWizard, they make it extremely simple to find auto insurance plans to meet your needs. They’ll get your zip code since rates vary by location and then collect information about your car’s make and model. You’ll be able to add additional vehicles if you’d like to bundle (and save up to 20%).
Finally, they’ll ask for information such as your name and email before providing you with the best providers available in your area for your vehicle(s).
- Many people don’t take the time to properly compare rates on car insurance. Fortunately, there’s a service like QuoteWizard.
- Save time and money in a matter of minutes
Founded in 1922, State Farm Insurance has a history of financial stability and customer service satisfaction. With physical offices and agents dispersed throughout the country, State Farm is also known for offering individual service that simply cannot be matched by online-only firms.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, State Farm is the number one writer of private passenger auto insurance, with over $40 million of premiums written.
The company’s biggest benefits include its brick-and-mortar stores and agents, the many discounts it offers, and its strong mobile app. State Farm also makes it easy and painless to get quotes online, which means you don’t have to head into a local office if you don’t want to.
- Local offices and agents provide in-person help
- Great mobile app and website
- Plenty of discounts available
One of the main advantages of buying auto insurance through Esurance (owned by Allstate) is you have the control and flexibility to build a policy which fits your needs. Esurance was one of the first companies to start selling directly to the customer instead of going through an agent.
They have made it incredibly simple to customize your plan, get a quote, and get approved for protection. The problem with all the customization and convenience is it’s going to come at a price.
Esurance says they are the “insurance for the modern world,” and they truly are. They let anyone get a quote as long as you have an internet connection. The days of going into an insurance office are long gone. Now you can get an insurance policy without having to spend hours on the phone.
- Quick and easy access to auto insurance
- Customized options
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Founded in 1912, Liberty Mutual Insurance insures more than 1.5 million vehicles and has some of the top customer service ratings. In J.D. Power’s 2018 Insurance Shopping Survey, Liberty Mutual was ranked “better than most” it the categories of Policy Offerings, Local Agents, and Insurer Website, a few of the company’s standout features.
- 24-hour claims service
- Great standard coverage, as well as the option to add:
- Accident forgiveness: Your insurance rates won’t go up when you’re involved in your first accident.
- New car replacement: If you total your car when it’s less than a year old and has fewer than 15,000 miles, they’ll reimburse you the cost of a new car, not just the depreciated value.
- Better car replacement: You’ll be reimbursed for a car that is one model year newer and 15,000 fewer miles than your totaled car.
- Deductible fund: Reduce your deductible by $100 when you add this feature, and then another $100 every year after that.
- Policies can be expensive if you are purchasing a single policy.
If you’re looking for a car insurance company that offers high-quality insurance policies with the opportunity for discounts, Allstate Insurance should be on your short list. Allstate received fairly high ratings across studies mentioned in this article, with its highest marks received from customers who reported a positive rental car experience.
Allstate Insurance offers the best of both worlds when it comes to the user experience. With brick and mortar offices and agents placed all over the country plus a user-friendly and helpful website, customers have the opportunity to get in-person help or access information online at any time.
- Most areas have a physical office and local agents
- Multiple opportunities for discounts for bundling, anti-theft devices, and passive restraint
- Consumer-friendly website
- Several comparable companies received higher ratings across the board
- Can be expensive if you don’t bundle policies